If you're shopping for an off-road axle for your Jeep, there are a lot of choices. They all promise to be a bolt-in and an upgrade to the factory axles, but don't be fooled: there are some key differences! If you're looking for a Dana 44 upgrade or the strength and durability of a Dana 60-based axle, here are some important questions you need to ask companies that you're considering:
1. Will your axle manufacturer spend the time with you before the sale to make sure you're getting the right axle and the right options for your vehicle and how you use it? Or do they have one flavor that is supposed to work for everyone?
2. Is your confidence in your axle's quality and performance assured because it is 100% manufactured and assembled in the United States? Don't get fooled by others with Chinese parts or weasel words like "assembled in the US."
3. Has your axle been designed from the ground up exclusively with components that are designed to work together? Some use components from other axles that are forced to work together.
4. For the life of your vehicle will you be able to service your axles with off-the-shelf components like brakes, bearings, races, and seals?
5. Can you be assured a "no-fault" warranty if you properly service and maintain your axles?
6. Will your axle be manufactured with built-in caster that will be correct for the setup of your Jeep? Or does it have one-size-fits-all frontend geometry?
7. Will your axle be made from 100% new parts and not with some parts that are recycled, refurbished or salvaged?
8. Will your new axle come with premium parts included in the price such as a nodular iron differential cover, ball joints and OEM-quality suspension bushings? Or will you have to pay extra for these items?
9. Has the casting for your new axle been engineered from the ground up for the type of abuse that off-roading dishes out?
10. With a looming rock approaching your investment, does your axle have the best-in-class ground clearance you need to keep from getting hung-up, stuck, or damaged? Only if it is a patented ProRock axle from Dynatrac!
We're not afraid of comparing our axles with anyone. We take pride in engineering them right, manufacturing them in the US and servicing what we build and sell. Our patented ProRock 44™, ProRock 60® or ProRock 80™ all have best-in-class ground clearance with strength and durability that will give you the Confidence to Explore!®