If there is one product that Dynatrac is best known for, it is the ProRock 60®. In 2002 the ProRock
60® set the world standard for strength, ground clearance and quality. In that same tradition
Dynatrac is now very proud to introduce the all new ProRock 44™!
If you always wished for a set of ProRocks under your 4x4 but thought that the ProRock 60 was
too much for your needs, your wish has finally been granted. The new ProRock 44™ has all of the
same benefits as the 60, but in a smaller and lighter package that is designed to fit your Jeep TJ
like a glove.
The Jeep TJ Pro Rock 44™ allows you to retain your stock steering knuckles and brakes but yet
incorporates a much larger Pro 44™ end forging (the ‘C’). Combine the Pro Rock 44™ with a set of
good axle shafts and you’ve got a combination worthy of the big tires and wheels you’re always
- Made in the USA – Dynatrac's American-made quality and warranty is standard equipment on all ProRock 44™ housings and assemblies.
- Dynatrac ProRock high ground clearance design (Pat.Pend.), with big 3-inch”, thick wall tubing. Did you know that stock TJ Dana 44 front axles only have 2.5” x .25” wall tubing?
- The ProRock 44™ is a high-pinion
Dana 44 replacement housing designed
to capitalize on the advantages of
the stronger “Next Generation” Dana
44 ring & pinion. Did you know that
all stock TJ Rubicon Dana 44 rear
axles were low-pinion? Fact - High
pinion gears and housings are
stronger than their low-pinion
counterparts when installed in a
front driving axle application. The
Next Generation Dana 44 gear set has
a larger ring gear and a larger
pinion shaft than previous Dana 44s.
- Each housing also includes Dynatrac’s new Pro44 end forging which is much stronger than stock and very important for running big tires. They will maintain
proper wheel camber even under severe use. This is a actual steel forging made in the USA, not an imported casting like the other guys.
- TJ/XJ Owners - The ProRock 44™ housing is fully compatible with your existing stock Dana 30 and Dana 44 outer axle shafts, knuckles, hub bearings, and
brakes. The TJ ProRock 44™ housing requires a new locker (3.73 and down), ring and pinion (JK Rubicon), and custom length inner axle shafts.
- Extreme-duty, steel suspension brackets are 50% thicker and much stronger than stock brackets. All are computer designed and CNC manufactured in the USA.
- Want to add stronger shafts, change ratios, or upgrade to a locker? No problem! Dynatrac has upgrade packages to fit your budget.
- You can buy a finished ProRock 44™ housing to build an axle in your own shop, or order a complete customized assembly from the professionals at Dynatrac.
- Saves you money! The new ProRock 44™ has big improvements in strength and ground clearance, but lets you re-use
your stock or aftermarket TJ wheel
ends and brakes.
- Go anywhere! Highest ground clearance of any Dana 44 axle, with the added rigidity needed for bigger tires and off-road use.
- TJ owners can finally say good-bye to bent front housings for good! No welding, No hammering, No grinding! This is not a welded-up and braced housing.
It is a new housing designed from the ground-up to handle tough trails, big tires and loaded Jeeps.
- Easy to install – Fits perfectly and bolts into your stock or lifted TJ. No grinding or welding required.
- Legendary ProRock durability for your Jeep vehicle gives you Confidence to Explore®
- Made-in-USA – Quality and first class workmanship throughout. This is not another one of those imported, buyer-beware housings. It’s all made
right here in the USA by your fellow American citizens. If you are looking at a competitors product that doesn’t say Made-in-USA, it’s because it probably isn’t.
- Complete custom ProRock 44™ front axle housing with 12 month limited warranty
- Custom machined Dynatrac high ground clearance, high pinion (reverse-cut) heavy duty nodular iron housing
- Axle width 60.5” (stock TJ, XJ) when outfitted w/stock wheel ends
- Standard housing geometry, pinion angle, and wheel alignment for customer’s suspension
- Uses Next Generation JK ring and pinion
- Dynatrac Pro Series nodular iron differential cover
- Dynatrac Jeep coil spring bracket set (Includes heavy duty brackets and installation, trac bar bracket & shock mounts included)
- Heavy Duty 3.0” X .313”(5/16th”) wall DOM housing tube assemblies
- Dynatrac Pro Series extra strength end forgings w/ball joints installed
- Detailed and painted Dynatrac’s signature gloss black
Installed Add-On Differentials - Complete w/Master Install Kit
- Truetrac heavy duty limited-slip differential w/R&P choice and 1310 yoke
- Detroit SofLocker differential w/R&P choice and 1310 yoke
- ARB Air Locker differential w/R&P choice and 1310 yoke
- Electric selectable locking differential (JK Tru Lok) w/R&P choice and 1310 yoke
- Std Dana 44 end forgings
Available Add-On Ring and Pinions
- 4.10 , 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, 5.38
Installed Add-On Axle Shafts & Complete Wheel Ends
- Complete 5x4.5” wheel end pkg. (Includes knuckles, 30 spline outer shafts, bearings, 12” disc brake assemblies.)
- Competition 30 spline inner axle shaft assemblies only (XJ/TJ using stock wheel ends and JK w/ARB Air Locker, Detroit Locker, or Tru Trak diffs)
- Electric locker wiring harness (Includes connectors and wires)
- Powder coat finish (Color TBD by customer)
- ARB high output on-board compressor kit
- Bare tubes (No factory brackets or coil spring buckets)
- RCV CV Style axle shafts
Custom Housing Modifications
- Any custom width, pinion angle, brackets, tubing, etc
- Conventional differentials (Example: ARB, Detroit, Tru Trak) MUST be a 3.73 & down Dana 44 carrier
- Accepts JK Dana 44 ring and pinion gears ONLY
- XJ/TJ housing requires new ring and pinion (JK), differential, pinion yoke, and inner axle shafts
Axle Housing Kit, Front, Pro Rock 44, TJ/XJ, Machined for Conventional Locker, Moog Ball Joints, 60.5” Width, 5/16” Wall
Axle Housing Kit, Front, Pro Rock 44, TJ/XJ, Machined for JK Tru Lok Electric Locker, Moog Ball Joints, 60.5” Width, 5/16” Wall
Inner Axle Shaft Assemblies, TJ Pro Rock 44 w/Conventional Locker, 4340 Chromoly, 1310 U-Joint
Inner Axle Shaft Assemblies, TJ Pro Rock 44 w/JK Tru Lok Electric Locker, 4340 Chromoly, 1310 U-Joint
ProRock 44™ FAQ
FAQ: DOWNLOAD (PDF)
What is the Next Generation Dana 44 all about?
Tech Info Chart: DOWNLOAD (PDF)